GRAPHIC NOVEL FOR BOYS, GRADES 6 to 8
Here's the first roundup of a trilogy sharing the best graphic novels for boys. It's geared to boys in grades 6-8. But girls are always welcomed to read them too! Comment below if I missed one of your favorites.
- American Born Chinese by Gene Luen Yang // A story about a Chinese-American boy learning how to come to terms with his multifaceted identity.
- March Trilogy by John Lewis, Andrew Aydin and Nate Powell // Discover the inside story of the Civil Rights Movement through the eyes of one of its most iconic figures, Congressman John Lewis. March is the award-winning, #1 bestselling graphic novel trilogy recounting his life in the movement.
- The Storm in the Barn by Matt Phelan
It's Kansas in 1937 and life is bleak during the dust bowl. Jack is left to his imagination in this graphic novel that is part historical fiction, part tall tale.
- Kampung Boy by Lat // Lat, a noted Malaysian cartoonist, tells the story of the early life of a Muslim boy growing up on a rural rubber plantation during the 1950s.
- Meanwhile by Jason Shiga // Jimmy explores the lab of a mad scientist in this “Choose Your Own Adventure” style graphic novel.
- 9/11 Report: A Graphic Adaptation by Sid Jacobson and Ernie Colón
This accurate and accessible version of the 9/11 Report captures its investigative thoroughness, and covers its entire scope including the Commission's final report card. Colón's stunning artwork powerfully conveys the facts, insights, and urgency of the original.
- Knights of the Lunch Table: The Dodgeball Chronicles by Frank Cammuso
Arthurian legend reimagined for middle grade readers. Artie King finds that making enemies at Camelot Middle School is a lot easier than making friends when he challenges the Horde to a game of dodgeball. First of the Knights of the Lunch Table series.
- Yummy: The Last Days of a Southside Shorty by G. Neri. illus. by Randy DuBurke
Based on true events, this graphic novel, told through the eyes of a younger boy, tells the story of Robert (Yummy) as he tries to navigate the dangerous world of a Chicago neighborhood.
- ABC BOOK
- ALPHABET ART
- BEYOND THE BOOK
- COOKING FRIDAY
- CURRENTLY READING
- EXPERIENTIAL LEARNING
- FIELD TRIP
- FREE PRINTABLE
- LIFE SKILLS
- READ + MAKE
- READ IT & LIVE IT
- READ IT + LIVE IT
- READ IT, LIVE IT
- READING ACCESSORY
- ROUND UP
- SHOW + TELL
- SIGHT WORDS
- SOUND RECOGNITION
- SPRING 10x10
- STRONG GIRLS
- TEACHER BURNOUT
- TRUE LIFE
- WORK IT